Updated April 15, 2022
Welcome to YoungHouseLove.com, as operated by Young House Love, LLC. These are our rules if you want to use our website and the services or products available from our website. If you do not agree to these rules, you cannot use our site. We reserve the right to change or update these rules and will post the new rules on our site, whether you notice them or not. We have intentionally attempted to write them in a way that avoids legalese, so that everyone can clearly understand and agree to the rules and understand their rights and responsibilities.
We hope there won’t be any problems and that you will reach out to us if you are having issues with our site, service, or products.
1.0 Site Services
We agree to provide you with information, tutorials, home ideas, etc through YoungHouseLove.com. Let’s just call everything that we share on this website for you to enjoy our “services”, and you are free to stop by and enjoy these “services” whenever you’d like. In exchange for providing this service, we require you to follow these rules:
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the Site, or if you are a resident of the EU, you must be at least 16 years old. Don’t lie about your age. If you are under 18, you agree that a parent or legal guardian agrees to these rules on your behalf.
- Don’t change anything about our website or applications, upload any type of virus or malware, or do anything that might interfere with the way the Site or its services works.
- Don’t do anything that might affect how other people use and enjoy the Site.
- Don’t encourage anyone to break these rules.
- Don’t post anything violent, or anything that promotes violence or violent groups, or that might make other people feel scared.
- Don’t post content that contains nudity, sexual violence, or commercial sexual services.
- Don’t post content that promotes crime or anything that would break US law.
- Do not post content related to certain regulated goods, like selling or trading non-medical drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, or marijuana.
- Don’t bully anyone or post anything horrible about people. By bullying, we mean making a degrading statement about someone, judging someone you have never met, or posting inappropriate images that threaten someone. A good rule is if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face in real life, don’t say it on the internet while anonymously hiding behind your keyboard.
- Don’t post personal or private information about someone else. This includes someone’s contact information like their phone number, address, email, location, or other private details.
- Don’t post stuff that doesn’t belong to you or infringes upon someone else’s intellectual property.
2.0 Your Rights
2.1 You have the right to feel safe using this Site.
We reserve the right to republish or distribute anything you upload to our site as reasonable in the course of our business. You agree not to submit any content that could be illegal or serve an unlawful purpose, including, but not limited to, content that is potentially libelous or maliciously false, obscene, abusive, negligent or otherwise harmful or inappropriate.
3.0 Our Rights
3.1 We are not responsible for the following:
- Links to other companies or websites, even when the link shows up our the Site
- The data cost on your mobile device for using Site or its services.
- Any content that is stolen or copied from the Site by someone else.
3.2 We can end the Site and its services at any time or stop you from using Site at any time for any reason without letting you know beforehand. We can also delete content you have uploaded for any reason, whether you think it violated our rules or not. We do not have to pay you if we deleted content that was making you money.
4.0 Intellectual Property Rights All images, text, designs, graphics, trademarks and service marks are owned by and property of Young House Love, LLC, or the properly attributed party. It is a violation of federal law to use any of our intellectual property in whole or in part, and modification of any materials contained on this Site is illegal and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible, including asking for financial penalties (damages) and/or an injunction forcing you to stop using our intellectual property immediately. Do not try to use our stuff, remove it, change it, or claim to be us without our express written permission.
- 4.1 If you are a brand or company, using any of our photos or other content (our videos, copy, logo, etc) on any of your items/channels/etc (your website, mailers, sale listings, social media accounts, product packaging, etc) is strictly prohibited without express written permission. Failure to do so constitutes a copyright violation.
- If you are a fellow blogger, feel free to use an image or two from Young House Love as long as they’re credited and accompanied by a link back to this site. Using YHL photos in bulk, even with a credit, is prohibited (be it for the purposes of a photo gallery, landing page, roundup, series of posts, or any other feature that duplicates a large portion of content). Please contact YHL for express permission if you’d like to use more than a few photos. Duplicating any of this site’s text (even if it’s credited to YHL) is strictly prohibited. Please paraphrase, summarize, or link to copy instead of cutting and pasting it. The design and layout of Young House Love is the sole property of Sherry and John Petersik.
5.0 This Agreement
5.1 If you use other third-party services on the Site, including payment services, you will need to follow those rules or terms. If any of those rules conflict with these rules, those rules will win.
5.2 If a court finds any of this Agreement unenforceable, the other rules will still be valid.
5.3 Any changes to these rules must be made in writing. If we fail to enforce any of these rules for any reason, we still have the right to enforce them in the future, and our behavior will not be a waiver of our overall rights in this Agreement.
5.4 We reserve all the rights we did not expressly grant or tell you about in this Agreement.
5.5 No one else besides you and us (no third parties) have rights under this agreement.
5.6 You cannot give these rights or obligations to someone else without our consent. We can give our rights and obligations to someone else, however, like if we change ownership by selling part or all of our business, or if we need to for legal reasons.
6.0. Advertising, Affiliates and Testimonials
This site uses advertising and affiliate links for certain products and/or services. We disclaim any and all liability as a result of your purchase through one of these links. We will use reasonable efforts to note when and where we have placed ads or affiliate links in addition to this disclaimer located in these Terms & Conditions. You accept express liability for any and all consequences or benefits of clicking the affiliate links contained on this website or related communications. Any testimonials reflect the accurate experience of the person quoted, however, your results with any particular product or service may vary.
7.0 Limits on Liability
7.1 Site operates as is, and we can’t guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. Sometimes crazy things and mistakes happen, even when we try to find reliable vendors to help us operate the Site and its services. To the extent permitted by law, we also disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpse, title, and non-infringement. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our Service. You should read and agree to their rules and terms.
7.2 We cannot predict when issues might arise with our service. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. We are not responsible for lost profits, data, or any kind of damages connected to you using this Site. The total limit on our liability to you under these Terms is the greater of: $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
7.3 You agree to defend (at our request), indemnify, and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or connected with these Terms or your use of the Service. You will cooperate as required by us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you may not settle any claim without our prior written consent.
7.4 Nothing on the site, or offered through its services or products, is intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental illness. No information on the site is intended to be legal, medical, expert-level, or financial advice and is for educational purposes only, unless clearly marked otherwise.
8.0 How We Will Handle Disputes
8.1 We hope there won’t be any problems and that you will reach out to us if you are having issues with our service. But if you have a legal problem with our Site, you agree to use binding arbitration under the AAA, which means you will not go to court by yourself or with others or be part of a class-action lawsuit or arbitration. We and you waive a trial by jury. The following claims don’t have to be arbitrated and may be brought to court: small claims, intellectual property disputes (like copyrights and trademarks), or efforts to interfere with the services or engage with the service in unauthorized ways. A court can also decide issues about the scope and enforceability of these arbitration provisions.
8.2 For any claim that is not arbitrated or resolved in small claims court, you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the District of Florida or a state court located in Florida. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim.
8.3 The laws of the State of Florida, to the extent not preempted by or inconsistent with federal law, will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
8.4 We appreciate feedback, but we may use any of your comments without any obligation to pay you and do not have to keep them confidential. For questions about this policy, you can email us at Youngsters [at] YoungHouseLove.com.
Did your eyes glaze over? Ours too. But now that we have that out of the way, we hope you enjoy probing every other nook and cranny of our site!